Dad’s warning after girl dies from deodorant

The tragic death of 14-year-old Giorgia Green, who died after inhaling aerosol deodorant, has prompted her parents to call for clearer product labeling to warn people of the potential dangers. Giorgia, who was from Derby, had a cardiac arrest after using the deodorant in her bedroom. Her parents have since become aware of other young people who have accidentally died after inhaling deodorant.

They believe that the warning “keep out of reach of children” is not prominently displayed on deodorant cans and that many parents may not notice it.

After Giorgia’s death, her parents began to investigate the issue and were shocked to learn that there have been other cases of young people dying from inhaling deodorant. They believe that many people are unaware of the potential dangers of inhaling aerosol products and that the current warning labels are not enough to protect them.

In response to the Green family’s concerns, the British Aerosol Manufacturers’ Association (BAMA) stated that deodorants already have “very clear warnings” and that they comply with all relevant regulations. However, Giorgia’s parents argue that the writing on the cans is small and not easily noticed. They believe that many parents buy deodorant for their children without noticing the warning and that this is a major concern.

“People don’t know how dangerous the contents of those tins can be,” said Giorgia’s father, Paul Green. “I would like it so that no-one else in the country – or the world – would end up having to go through what we’ve personally gone through. We don’t want our daughter’s death to be in vain.”

Giorgia had autism and her father said she liked to spray deodorant on blankets as she found the smell comforting. “The smell of it gave her a certain sense of relaxation,” said Mr. Green. “If she was feeling in any way a little bit anxious, she would spray this spray and it would give her a sense of comfort because it’s a deodorant my wife used.”

The Green family is now calling on the government and the aerosol industry to take action to prevent similar accidents from happening in the future. They want to see more prominent warning labels on deodorant cans and greater awareness of the potential dangers of inhaling aerosol products. They also want to see more research into the effects of inhaling these products, so that people can better understand the risks.

It is important to note that inhaling of aerosol products is not only dangerous but also illegal, and the manufacturers are obliged to print the warning to keep it away from children. The Green family’s campaign is a reminder of the importance of taking precautions and reading the labels of products we use. The aerosol industry should also be aware of this and make sure that their products are safe to use, and that people are aware of the risks.

It is also important for parents to be aware of the products that their children are using and to take steps to ensure that they are safe. The death of Giorgia Green is a tragic reminder of the importance of being vigilant and taking precautions to protect our loved ones.