Missy Robertson mourns the loss of a very dear family member

The wife of Jase Robertson announced that her grandfather, whom she called “Pops,” had died from lymphoma just two days before the holiday in a sorrowful yet upbeat blog post. Even though grieving this loss was challenging enough, Missy also disclosed some alarming information.

“My granny, GG, collapsed at their house and injured her pelvis five days before he passed away. After being transferred to a hospital, she was then taken to an in-patient rehabilitation facility, the author claimed.

Her grandfather spent the final few days of his life apart from his wife of more than 70 years, which was incredibly difficult for the entire family, but they had a plan. Knowing Pops’ days were few, they convinced her grandmother’s doctor to release her for a brief period of time on Thanksgiving so the couple could spend some time together.

She added, “It became obvious that Pops had intentions of his own when he heard of these huge plans.” He didn’t want his sweetheart and lifelong partner, his wife of 70 years, to witness his suffering. That was made abundantly evident by him.

“Pops” was a devout man who was prepared to enter Heaven even though his wife lived far away. Missy and her family planned a FaceTime call for the couple the morning of the day he passed away. She said, “I love you so much, Tom,” knowing that her husband was prepared to enter Heaven. It’s alright. I’ll be alright, I promise. Go on. There I’ll see you.

Pops took his final three breaths after the call ended, according to Missy’s note.

On Thanksgiving, two days after his passing, the entire family visited her grandmother’s rehab facility with an abundance of Thanksgiving fare. They spoke fondly of “Pops” and expressed gratitude for his existence.

Missy photographed an extremely special scene that happened at his funeral. A folded American flag was presented to her grandmother in memory of her late husband, who spent a significant amount of time in the military.

During this trying time, our hearts go out to Missy and her family.