Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss’ Autopsy Report Was Released on May 24 – Here’s What We Learned

According to an autopsy report, which was released on May 24, Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss didn’t have any alcohol, drugs, or other substances in his system at the time of his death. The report also confirms there were no ‘additional wounds, substances, or other considerations’ in his death,’ according to PEOPLE.

Boss’ autopsy report confirmed what many already knew – he died of a gunshot wound to the head and his death is being ruled a suicide. His death came just a few months after his 40th birthday and just three days after he and his wife, Allison Holker Boss, celebrated their three-year wedding anniversary. 

In the report, Allison told police officers that her husband ‘does not have a history of suicide attempts or suicidal ideation’ – adding that he does not ‘have any mental health problems’ and ‘does not have any financial issues or marital problems.’ Stephen appeared to be his normal self leading up to his death. 

Allison Holker Boss and Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss started dating in 2010, got engaged in June 2013, and got married in December 2013. After tying the knot, Stephen adopted Allison’s daughter from a previous relationship and the couple went on to welcome two more kids – a son in 2016 and a daughter in 2019.

An investigation into Boss’ death revealed a timeline of events leading up to his death on December 13, 2022. He apparently took an Uber to the motel, which was roughly 10 minutes from his house (less than one mile away), and put his cell phone on ‘airplane mode’ to ensure no one was able to contact him. 

The next morning, his wife grew worried when she realized he had left the house without taking their car – which was unlike him. She reported him missing to the police, but it wasn’t until 11:15 a.m. on Dec. 13 that paramedics received a 911 call for a medical emergency at the Oak Tree Inn nearby his house. 

It was the housekeeping staff who stumbled upon his body after he failed to check-out in time. Motel staffers later confirmed that Stephen checked in the day prior with an overnight bag – adding that he was showing no signs of ‘distress’ and wasn’t ‘overly upset.’ No one in the area heard a gunshot that night. 

Allison Holker Boss stepped away from the spotlight for about five months following the death of her husband, Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss, but she finally broke her silence a few weeks ago in interviews with as she continues to navigate life without the ‘backbone’ of their family of five.

Even after five months, she admitted that she’s still ‘shocked’ by his death and confirmed that no one saw this coming. While she still struggles to fully accept him being gone, she says she does her best to remain strong and does it for their three children, who are also hurting in all of this and need extra nurturing.

She talked about some of the hard conversations she has to have with her children, who sometimes wonder if and when their father is coming back. And while her husband is no longer with her physically, she admits that she still talks to him on a daily basis – as if he was right there listening the whole time.   

“No one had any inkling that he was low. He didn’t want people to know. He just wanted to be everyone’s Superman and protector,” Allison, 35, said. “[He] brought so much joy to this world, and he deserves to be remembered as the beautiful man he was.”